It is vital that our churches are safe for all – as part of that commitment we take our safeguarding responsibilities very seriously. On this page you will find out what to do if you feel there is something amiss and who to contact. Never be afraid to contact anyone on this page with a concern or a complaint.

If you believe that someone – a child, young person or adult – is in immediate danger you MUST call the Police on 999. You do not have to have their permission to do this.

Who can I contact?

Gleta Murray

If you have any concerns you can initially contact our Safeguarding Officer – Gleta Murray by calling 07920 117913 or talking to her in church.

If you feel unable to talk to her you can raise a concern with a member of the clergy or churchwardens – their details are available on the Contact Us page.

If you feel that the safeguarding officer in the parish, the clergy or the churchwardens are not appropriate contacts – for whatever reason – then the diocese safeguarding team can be contacted via the Diocese of London Safeguarding webpages.

Non Church Contacts


You can talk to Childline about anything. No problem is too big or too small. Call them free on 0800 1111 or get in touch online.

Hillingdon Council

Hillingdon Council work with a partnership called Hillingdon Safeguarding Children’s Partnership. You can contact them with the details on their website.

For vulnerable adult queries you should contact the Hillingdon Council Social Services team on (01895) 556633 or (01895) 250111 out of hours. They can also be emailed on

PCC Declaration on Safeguarding

The parish of St Anselm Hayes is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and adults. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer(s), PSOs. The Diocese of London’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor (DSA) who advise our PSOs. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the DSA. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority Children or Adults Services.